Last modified: November 21, 2019
Supplemental Information for California Residents:
Your California Privacy Rights
Welcome to the Hino Motors Sales U.S.A., Inc. ("Company", "we" or “us”) collection of websites and applications. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy does not apply to information:
- we collect offline or through any other means not indicated above;
- collected by any third party, including our affiliates;
- collected through any application or content that we neither own nor operate that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site(s).
Our Site(s) are not intended for children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to or on the Site(s). We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site(s), including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other information the Site(s) collect that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as demographic information like gender and age; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site(s) and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site(s). Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
The information we collect on or through our Site(s) may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site(s). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site(s), posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Site(s).
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site(s) and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Site(s).
- Your search queries on the Site(s).
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Site(s), or transmitted to other users of the Site(s) or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site(s) with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions nor do we guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
As you navigate through and interact with our Site(s), we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site(s), including traffic data, location data. logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site(s).
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data which helps us to improve our Site(s) and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site(s) according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site(s).
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site(s) and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain site content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Other related technologies.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
In order to provide you with certain geolocation-related functions such as dealer locator services, the Site(s) may gather and record information about your geolocation which is accessed from your computer or mobile device and/or from location information such as city, state or zip code that you manually provide (“Geolocation Information”). In order to enable your use of geolocation-related functions, we may disclose your geolocation Information to third parties necessary to provide such offerings.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site(s) and their contents to you and to allow you to participate in any interactive features.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site(s) or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To comply with legal requirements.
- In other ways we describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our affiliates or successors in interest.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to
firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
You may also send us an e-mail at
email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting any user account you may have. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Site(s), copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Site(s). Proper access and use of information provided on the Site(s), including User Contributions, is governed by our
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site(s), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site(s). Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site(s).
By Postal Mail:
c/o Hino Motors Sales U.S.A., Inc.
45501 Twelve Mile Road
Novi, MI 48377